Updated NICE QS on stable angina
The NICE Quality Standard (QS) on the diagnosis and management of stable angina has been updated to reflect changes to the NICE guideline on chest pain of recent onset.
Statement 1 of the QS was changed to encourage people with features of typical or atypical angina to be offered 64-slice CT coronary angiography to confirm any diagnosis.
The aim of the updated QS is to describe markers of high-quality, cost-effective care that should contribute to improving the effectiveness, safety and experience of care for people with stable angina by:
- Preventing people from dying prematurely
- Enhancing quality of life for people with long-term conditions
- Helping people to recover from episodes of ill health or following injury
- Ensuring that people have a positive experience of care
- Treating and caring for people in a safe environment and protecting them from avoidable harm.
Table: List of quality standards for QS 21 on stable angina.
NICE QS 21: Stable angina